CHINA DIGITAL CONFERENCE Returns October 2014
CHINA DIGITAL CONFERENCE 2013 REVIEW
CHINA ONLINE INSIGHTS
- 591 million internet users; average 21 online hours per week; 271 million online shoppers
- 38% of the brand awareness is created online and 48% purchase intent is made on company websites
- Chinese consumers are increasingly opting for quality goods at higher prices and adopting online shopping and social media to gather product information
- 43% of Chinese Netizens are interested in products shared by friends on social networking sites, and 38% of Chinese Netizens take shopping decisions based on recommendations on their social networks
- According to predictions by Chinese e-commerce, by 2020, e-retailing may account for 10-50% of all retails in China
- Some tips for e-commerce success in China include presence on established platforms, understanding of local shopping behaviour, utilizing social media, consistent service and various payment methods
- When everyone is looking for China Opportunity in China, the opportunity may already lying in front of you in Australia, with 700,000 Chinese tourists, 170,000 Chinese international students and 600,000 Chinese social media users
- "The China Digital Conference certainly exceeded my expectations. The MC was excellent, the speakers were excellent quality and I learnt far more than I bargained for! Excellent value and great education".
- "China Digital 2013 was a great opportunity to access current thinking on the China market. It was a tremendous chance to hear not only from the mega firms such as Alibaba, Tencent & Baidu but also the on the ground experts in marketing & research such as China Skinny".
- "This is a fantastic event for Australian business breaking into the daunting china digital space. Well done and thank you"!
- "I found the conference to be extremely informative the knowledge of the presenters aside met some nice and well versed professionals that will bring ongoing relationships".
- "Spending the day at the China Digital Conference was well worth my time. As I am in the early stages of setting up an e-commerce business and preparing to launch into China, the information provided was extremely relevant and valuable. I found all the speakers highly knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Thank you for a tremendous day".
China Digital Conference - Presentations
Click to Download
China Digital Showcase PackageProvides high traffic flow location display space. Includes Display Table & two chairs, broadband connection
Event Media Inclusions
- 1 x half page advertisement ABF Magazine (digital issue)
- logo inclusion online web plus
- Event e-newsletters
- 2x Exhibitor passes to attend the Conference
- Inclusion of morning & afternoon tea and lunch
- Includes 2 x tickets to attend Cocktail Function
Display Stands available for China Digital Conference (Melbourne & Sydney)
Contact us now to secure your spaceDirector of Sales: Tel 03 8689 9899 | email@example.com
ACBW 2014 Forum Chair
David Thomas is well known in Australia for his experience, credibility and passion for identifying, building and facilitating business and investment relationships between developed and emerging countries, and has led delegations to all of the four BRIC countries. As a Vice President of the Australia-China Business Council in NSW, a finalist in the Business Entrepreneur and Business Innovation categories for the Austcham Australia China Business Awards, and the Australian Thought Leader Expert of the Year in 2009, he is well positioned to chair ACBW Forum & Financial Services Summit and facilitate discussion on the opportunities for business, investment and trade matters.
Chairman, Australian Business Forum
Mr Rashleigh has over 30 years’ experience in the Health Industry embracing health insurance, private hospitals and aged care facilities. He is a director and Chairman of the Australian Health Service Alliance (AHSA) and President of the Health Insurance Restricted Membership Association of Australia (HIRMAA) and Chairman of Australian Business Forum. John is also a fellow of the Institute of Directors.
Director of China Search International
China Search International is a licensed reseller of Baidu, which is China’s largest search engine. Baidu has 90% reach of the Chinese online population, which is fast approaching 600 million people per month, and is the largest online economy in the world. China Search International helps global and national brands and businesses set up their advertising with Baidu. China Search International is a free service for advertisers – and has offices in Sydney, Singapore, Los Angeles, London and Hong Kong. Dean Capobianco has 15 years of digital media experience across major publishers, including msn, Yahoo! and News Corp. Dean was also the Sales Director for Yahoo! Search Marketing (formerly Overture) when it launched in Australia back in 2003.
Director of International BD and Marketing, Alibaba.com
Michael is the head of Marketing and Business Development for Alibaba.com in the Americas region. His mission is to help entrepreneurs, small and medium size businesses which have sourcing needs to learn about Alibaba.com services and how Alibaba.com can help their businesses grow. Michael brings 15 years of marketing experience from several Fortune 500 companies including Dell and Hewlett-Packard, with focus on product marketing and demand generations.
Executive Vice President, China Telecom Global
Mr. Xiao Wei, Executive Vice President of China Telecom Global Limited who is responsible for global sales and solutions. Mr. Xiao joined China Telecom in 1997, served as Deputy Managing Director of Global Business Department of China Telecommunications Corporation, Executive Vice President of China Telecom (Hong Kong) International Limited, Managing Director of China Telecom Singapore Pte., Deputy Director of Internet Service Department of China Telecom, Assistant General Manager and Chief Engineer of China Telecom System Integration Limited. Mr. Xiao holds a master degree, graduated from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications.
International eCommerce consultant, Asia Pacific Digital
With over twelve years of eCommerce experience, Tim Till was brought into Asia Pacific Digital as a leading international eCommerce consultant. Tim specialises in scoping end-to-end ecommerce solutions, incorporating multiple elements of the value chain; customer acquisition & retention, subscriptions, logistics, he has provided his expertise for blue-chip organisations to enter China with an eCommerce strategy. Formerly based in London, for over six years, he worked with key accounts for Digital River, a publically listed company which handles in excess of $20bn in online transactions on an annual basis. With a focus on growing eCommerce revenue, Tim is working with Asia Pacific Digital to help clients in developing and executing their go to China market strategy. Tim has a strong track record of revenue and outcome-based results through creating solutions and strategy for multinational companies with complex needs across North America, EMEA and APAC.
Director of Marketing & Strategy, Next Digital Group
Ashley is the director of Marketing & Strategy at Next Digital group – part of Asia Pacific Digital. With over a decade of digital marketing experience, including 7 years in the UK, he has had worked with some of the world’s largest businesses including Hyundai, Coca-Cola, Ford, Maplin and more. Over the past few years Ashley has worked with businesses across the Asia-Pacific region, helping them grow their digital presence within China, in conjunction with Next Digitals 50+ strong staff located in Shanghai.
Founder / Chief Locksmith, ChinaKey
Born and raised in Shanghai, China, William moved to Australia at the age of 8.Since then he has embraced life as an Australian, yet retained many of the Chinese traditional and cultural values. William has since made a name for himself in online marketing by working with some of the biggest companies in Australia. William consulted brands such as Westfield, Vodafone, Allianz, Big W, Dymocks, and Gumtree. As a social media expert, William was one of the most followed Australians on Twitter and was recognised as one of the Top 10 Social Influencers Under 30 at a intimate lunch with the Prime Minister. Through China Key, William now consults Australian companies and brands on how they can Unlock the lucrative and growing Chinese Opportunity right here in Australia.
Trade Commissioner at Australian Trade Commission, Shanghai
Ms Liu Bing is the new Trade Commissioner / Commercial Consul for the Australian Trade Commission / Australian Consulate General Shanghai. Previously, Bing worked in similar roles with the Australian Consulate Guangzhou and Australian Embassy in Beijing.
Founder and Managing Director, China Skinny, Shanghai
Mark Tanner is the Founder and Managing Director of Shanghai-based China Skinny, one of China’s fastest-growing marketing and research agencies. He has been working in the Internet and mobile marketing field since 1998 in China, Australasia, North America and Europe. During his career, Mark has implemented online and offline marketing strategies for organisations ranging from small businesses to corporations, with achievements including managing Mobile Internet at Vodafone to become Global Best Practice and tripling online revenue for an iconic fashion retailer in six months. On a personal front, Mark’s understanding of the Internet played pivotal role in seeing him complete the world’s first paddle down the Nile River, hunt for ancient Viking treasure and cycle across Canada mid-winter.
Australia Representative, Tencent; Business Development Director, WT Media
Tony works as BD Director in WT Media, Tencent’s Strategic Partner in Australia and New Zealand. His main role is to help Tencent expand into Australia market and manager Tencent’s more than 1 million users in Australia. Tony is committed to promoting Chinese culture in Australia as the Administrative Director of Chinese National Culture Promotion Association in Australia.
National Business Development Manager, NAB
David Simms began his Banking career at National Australia Bank in 1990 having graduated with a Banking and Finance Degree from Victoria University the same year. Throughout David’s Banking career there are strong connections to the Travel and Tourism Sector. He still ranks in the top 1,000 of the Worlds Most Travelled People (mosttravelledpeople.com) and holds the title as the First Australian to Cross Asia Diagonally from Cairo to Tokyo without flying in 1994. He has worked closely with China Union Pay since its launch in Australia 6 years ago and would be regarded by the Card Scheme as the closest thing we have to a UnionPay expert.
Dr Caroline Hong
Ambassador of ABF
As an experienced Board Member, CEO, Chairman, Business Events Ambassador, Association/NFP Executive and Health Executive Clinician, Caroline has held several key leadership positions throughout career. She makes things happen, has vision, tenacity & resilience. Caroline brings new perspectives to the major annual business event ACBW and helps to promote the event to a new level! Armed with multiple culturally and professional diverse expertise, Caroline is strong in fostering P2P, B2B and G2G relationships.